This morning, I woke up to some terrible news. My benefactor and mentor_____who hugely shaped my view on life, work, and many other things, has passed away.
I’ve never met someone as equally impressive, smart and grounded as _____.
It is not that common at this stage of our careers to have professors who shape our intellect, interest, and life in general. But my mentor did that.
While we were originally brought together for academic purposes, I soon began to learn from his views and perspectives and his wealth of knowledge. That will always be fundamental for my understanding of the world.
I hope that everyone, when such people cross their paths, never take people like my mentor for granted. I certainly never did, and never will.
“You carve your name on hearts, not tombstones. A legacy is etched into the minds of others and the stories they share about you.”
Do you need someone to talk to about grieving?
Have you considered online grief counseling?
Private, one to one, anytime, anywhere, help with grief
In the interests of transparency, this information about online grief counseling and support is sponsored by BetterHelp. When a person signs up for counseling from write-out-loud.com I receive a commission for providing the link enabling the connection.*
Grieving is a zig, zag, slip, sliding journey.
Some days it can be hard to eat, to breathe, sleep, brush your hair, get out of bed, get dressed, answer your phone, have a shower or, go to work.
Finding a reason, or the energy, to do things you once regarded as so ordinary you did them without thinking, is tough. Especially when you feel alone.
Is this you?
Online counseling can offer the support you need.
Despite what well-meaning friends or family might tell you there are no "right" ways to grieve. And neither are there "right" stages which everyone must pass through in a "right" sequence.
When you meet with an online grief counselor you will be understood, and carefully guided towards finding a way forward.
- Just fill out the online questionnaire and within minutes you will be assigned the professional grief counselor most suitable for your needs. You don't even have to use your own name if you don't want to.
- You'll pay an affordable fee set according to the length of the subscription plan you choose.
- Access your counselor whenever you want via chat, messaging, video or phone.
- Click here to find out more and get started immediately.
- Or find out more about how online grief counseling works.
* Read independent BetterHelp customer reviews on TrustPilot.